Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Corn Casserole: the best dish at the pot-luck

I hosted a pot-luck luncheon at my house this past Sunday and there was all kinds of amazing food - I supplied the 11 filet mignons with a red wine reduction and the two kinds of vegetable lasagna. Everything was delicious, but there was only one dish that I helped myself to a second time. It was this corn casserole - a variation of a southern spoon bread. It is absolutely delicious and when you see what goes in it you may be embarrassed on my behalf. Don't be. I'm not ashamed to admit that a side-dish made from Jiffy and creamed corn is amazing... one can't argue with the facts. So without further ado please give it up for...

Max's Easy & Delicioius Corn Casserole

1 can undrained cream-style corn
1 can undrained whole kernal corn
1/4-1/2 c. melted butter
2 eggs, beaten
1 c. sour cream or yogurt
1 8 oz. package corn muffin mix (like Jiffy)

Mix all ingredients together in a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Bake in said dish, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

1 comment:

Kizz said...

I just drooled on my keyboard.